Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tattoos and stuff

Hello, blogcheckers! Procrastinator here. Seems that life always gets in the way of blogging. I keep telling myself to post whenever Sydney says or does something worthy, before I forget. And so it goes - memories are fading!

Sydney has returned to KidSpace preschool, this year for three days a week as a 4.5-yr-old. She gets to continue her gymnastics through KidSpace. She is getting ready for Kindergarten for sure! We got rid of her "baby" carseat and she is now in a booster seat and can buckle herself in, which she loves. She also just started a "Tiny Tots Hip Hop Dance Movement" class, which is highly entertaining to watch!

Today as I was driving Sydney to preschool, she commented from her booster seat in the back that her duck tattoo from Burgerville was starting to come off her arm. Thus began our discussion of tattoos and what she and her mom and dad are going to get when we all grow up. I kept telling her that real tattoos are permanent - that they inject ink with a needle under your skin. It almost didn't phase her. She ultimately said, "Maybe when I'm not so afraid and I get braver, I'll get one."

By the way, wanna know what she chose for all of us?

For her Dad: Mario and Bowser. For me: Yoshi. And for her, Princess Peach.


No comments: